If you didn’t know, Pinterest is amazing for all kinds of things; from DIY projects and homeschooling tips to recipe ideas and even shopping. But did you know you can use Pinterest to grow your business? Because Pinterest is a visual search engine, it is a fantastic place to find new leads for your business. Optimizing your Pinterest business account will help direct your Pinterest viewers into traffic for your website, which could help grow your email list and increase your sales.
E-commerce, service-based businesses, Etsy shops, coaches, and more, there’s a lot of potential for massive growth when Pinterest is utilized correctly for business. But like everything in business, it requires strategy.
What Is Pinterest?
Even though Pinterest seems like it’s overshadowed by social media giants like Facebook and Instagram, it’s still a popular network. It’s the fourth-most-popular social media platform in America beating out Linkedin, Snapchat, Twitter and WhatsApp!
Not only that, but it has over 250 million users each month and is more likely to be used by a high-income household. (To read 21 other great statistics about Pinterest, check out this post by Hootsuite).
Not only is Pinterest popular now, but they’re preparing their platform for future trends of social media marketing, sensing that people are looking to disconnect from the negativity and politics that often plague other channels.
If you’re not using Pinterest, you’re doing your business a disservice.
However, if you’re ready to get on board with all that Pinterest has to offer, here’s how to get started.
Step One: Set Up A Business Account
While you can have followers and people repin from a personal account, you just won’t be able to use Pinterest to its full capacity without a business account. Converting your personal account into a business account is simple. Simply click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then select “add profile”.
With a Pinterest business account, you’ll have access to detailed analytics so you can keep track of your growth and click-through rates, you’ll be able to activate rich pins, and you’ll also be able to verify your website.
You will also be able to have rich pins, which gives more detailed information on your pins
And finally, you’ll be able to promote your pins which is create ads on Pinterest.
Step Two: Optimize Your Account
You want to set up and optimize your business profile with some intention. Without a fully optimized Pinterest business account, you won’t see any traction. Here are a few quick tips:
- Have a branded, clear photo of yourself. I recommend using a professional headshot, not a selfie or logo.
- Write a keyword-rich bio description that tells your visitors what you do. Include a Call-T0-Action! This is a great opportunity to point them to your email list.
- Set up niche-specific boards with your audience in mind, not yourself. What are they searching for on Pinterest? What are they looking for help with?
- Archive all of your personal boards by making them a secret board. That way, you can still use your Pinterest for personal use without it interfering with your business account.
- Claim your website. You do this by adding a meta tag to your site or uploading an HTML file. For all the techy instructions, Pinterest breaks it down easily here.
- Apply for rich pins and sync your account to any social media accounts you want it connected with.
Step Three: Start Pinning!
Now it’s time to start pinning!
You’ll want to create high-quality pins for your site and start pinning others’ content as well. Pinterest prioritized accounts that pin great, fresh content on a consistent basis.
If you don’t have all day to be on Pinterest, Tailwind is a great platform to automate your pinning. Not only does it pin for you, but you can use Tailwind to really boost your growth by using Tailwind Tribes, and creating a pinning schedule that works best for your audience with their suggested pin time slots.
Sign up for a free 30-day trial of Tailwind HERE!
Of course, there’s a bit more to using Pinterest for business, but the first step is to set up your account and get started!
If you have any questions leave them in the comments below. I would love to hear from you!