I’m not the only one who has the 2020 blues! This year has been a trying time for me and my family and I’m sure it has for your family too. And I’m not just talking about COVID-19. This year has been full of its own unique trials all on its own without even mentioning said virus.
Even through the COVID craziness, life goes on, God is sovereign and He is still good! Amen! And although this year seems like it both dragged on for ages and zoomed by in a blink of an eye at the same time, it’s a good time to take a step back and look at the bigger picture and ask the Lord to help us identify some areas in our lives where we need help in our sanctification.
The start of a New Year is a great time to make new goals for ourselves, with the Lord’s help of course. I know for me it can be hard taking a look in the mirror sometimes when we have to address the sin in our own lives. But it’s absolutely necessary for us to go to the throne of grace and ask the Lord to help us identify areas of our lives where we need to repent, change and do better.
Hebrews 4:16 says: “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Ladies, this year I am in need of A LOT…and I wanted to share my goals with you to humble myself and also give you hope and encouragement as well.
New Year Resolution #1 – Prioritize Jesus:
In whatever I do, I want Jesus to be at the center. Be it in my marriage, parenting, my business, counseling, friendships, I want it all pointing to Him. There is nothing in this world I couldn’t do with or without Him.
On thing I’ve struggled with this year is prioritizing quality time in His Word. Spending time in God’s Word must be priority so that my heart and mind is focused on the Lord and not get distracted by all the things that may attempt to get in the way.
Something that I have tried this past week is listening to my Bible throughout the day and sometimes at night if I can’t sleep. I listen right on my phone or iPad using YouVersion for free. I have also heard great things about a paid app called Dwell. It’s been so nice to keep my mind flooded with scripture! This has been working out great for me and I plan on continuing this!
“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matthew 6:33
New Year Resolution #2 – Be Present:
I’m blessed to be able to homeschool and work from home. But at times work can blend too much into family time. This year has also been tough on my health and finding the time to work…well…has been tough within itself. With that said…I don’t want my work time to blend into family time any more.
One of the reasons why it has blended into family time is because of my chronic illness getting in the way of my usual working times. These days, I work when I feel well but I really need to get my working times sorted out better so that I have more time to focus and be present with my family.
“Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” – Titus 2:3-5
New Year Resolution #3 – Fight For Truth:
It’s no secret that Christian conservatism and religious liberties are being attacked on every level by the left. This progressive, Cultural Marxist, Secular Humanist and anti-biblical worldview is a direct attack on Christ, Him crucified and biblical truth. Quite honestly, every bible believing Christian should be severely disturbed by this.
If this year has taught me anything, it’s that I’m even more passionate about apologetics, which is defending the Gospel of Jesus Christ and speaking God’s truth BOLDLY, no matter the cost.
“Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.” – Psalm 25:5
New Year Resolution #4 – Choose Joy:
I find myself praying for my sanctification, quite often these days. With my chronic illness it’s hard at times to be joyful because of the amount of pain and discomfort I’m in. It’s hard to function but life must go on when I have a family that depends on me.
Joy is one of the fruit of the Spirit after all and I want to be more joyful in every area of my life. I don’t want my circumstances to affect my attitude or rub off on others. I choose joy!
Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.” – Psalm 126:2
New Year Resolution #5 – Make More Memories:
I can not tell you how important this one is for me because life happens so fast! I mean, I blinked and my last baby turned 3 and I feel like she was just born! I don’t want to look back and say “man, I wish we had more time to do xyz”. No, I want to make time to have more memories today, not tomorrow! Because tomorrow is not promised.
So I’m committed to not being boring, or a party pooper. I want to make lasting memories with my family. Even when I’m not feeling my best, instead of being grumpy mommy/wifey, I will choose joy and make the best of these moments. Check out our Day Out With Thomas for some memorable family times!
“O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love.” – Psalm 59:17
I pray that my honest and raw New Year resolution goals were helpful for someone. Better yet, I pray that it points you to Christ and sheds light on areas that you needs to sanctification as well. I just know I can’t do life without God’s sovereign grace and mercy and I pray for a better year ahead for these areas in my life!
Now on to this amazing giveaway!
Thanks to these amazing bloggers and brands that love supporting the homeschool community, we’re able to give back to a lucky homeschool family in the best way! Hopefully, one of you deserving folks will be blessed by this bundle!
Inside the giveaway, you’ll find a $125 gift card to Notgrass, $150 gift card to Lakeshore Learning from The Fervent Mama and Thrive at Home, 3 Sessions of the Homeschool Garden Morning Plans, a $50 shopping spree in The WOLFe Pack’s store, Mega Holiday Bundle from In All You Do 7 unit studies in it) + 2 Mommy & Me Journals (Christmas & Easter) + Christmas PreK Pack + Gardening Unit Study ($53.92 value), the Music Lessons for Holidays & Special Days course from Music in Our Homeschool, $50 Gift Card to Orison Orchards shop, the James Little Fishes Bible Study and James Self Study Workbook from 4 One More, and a FREE Grab Bag during the next Digital Grab Bag sale (coming soon.)
Learn more about the 2020 Homeschool Giveaway’s Sponsors:
- Notgrass History exists to glorify God by producing materials centered in His Word that help parents train their children to honor God with heart, soul, and mind. We publish history, geography, and government curriculum for all ages.
- The WOLFe Pack creates science, history, literacy, holiday and Bible packs for the discerning homeschool mom.
- The Fervent Mama is where you’ll find encouragement, community, and hope in your motherhood journey. Learn to love Christ’s design for womanhood through managing your home, homeschool, marriage, and life by Biblical standards.
- Since most homeschool moms don’t have the time or expertise to teach music in their homeschools, Music in Our Homeschool offers click-and-go, super easy-to-use music appreciation courses for all ages, so every homeschool can include music! Find Music History, Hymn Study, Composer Study, 15-Minute Music Lessons, Musicals, Christmas, etc., as well as Memberships for Elementary and High School!
- At Thrive@Home I help working homeschool moms with sanity-saving tips and tools for an organized and successful homeschool, household, and career. I’m a homeschooling mother, grandmother, and former banker-turned-business owner. And I know just what you’re going through.
- The Homeschool Garden morning time curriculum is a way for even the busiest moms to include truth, goodness, beauty, and delight into their homes and homeschools. The Homeschool Garden is brought to you by Everyday Graces Homeschool which has been providing encouragement, resources, and support to Christian homeschool families since 2012.
- Bible literacy is the goal behind Inductive Bible Study Courses. Our resources teach children and teens how to interpret and apply the text of Scripture through whole book studies from 4 One More.
- Do your kids dread math? Do YOU? Math games are the answer! There’s no getting around it — math just requires practice. You’ll never be good at manipulating numbers without being incredibly familiar with them, forwards and backwards, inside and out. Math games are a fun way to gain that familiarity and practice facts without it seeming like drill.
- Digital Grab Bag consistently provides you with the perfect opportunities to grow your digital library at an affordable price. No more shopping around, no more budgeting, no more missing out, no more FOMO. We give you all the content for one price, and in an easy to collect format that you’ll be able to use in your own time.
- In All You Do has been creating quality printables for the homeschool community for more than 8 years! You’ll find over 750 printables and resources for PreK to High School in a variety of subjects from pre-reading to High School Literature to Geography and everything in between.
Want to enter to win? Simply fill out the form below and you’re in it to win it!
You are responsible for reading the Terms and Conditions before entering. Entering this giveaway confirms that you have read and understand the terms.
WEBSITE EMBED: a Rafflecopter giveaway